Friday, September 4, 2009

My past year


Well it has been a crazy journey this summer! Well, it was crazy before that! I have now had a business of doing wedding photography for almost a year. WHEWW! I can say that even though it has been a hard and trying process of learning everything that business entails, I absolutely love capturing a couple's wedding day! I have had lots and lots of weddings this past summer which I am very thankful for. I have never experienced the goodness of God like I have this past year of my life. He has put dreams and desires in each one of us that he's dying to see come to life. Even though the pressure of society says stick with the mediocre, God says, "I have something so much better and fit for you, with the way I have made you! But he never has what you don't give him. Even though it is still a constant task and very hard at times, I have realized that he has nothing but good things to give, although at times they may not seem very beneficial and good. He wants the best for us.

I have had many people step into my life since I have been back from overseas and since the company. I am so thankful for all of the loving and caring people that have invested their time and wisdom into my life. I wouldn't be where I am today without them. Photo-mentors, God-mentors, accountability partners, amazing family and friends, I thank you and love you so so much. Also, thank you to all of the Brides and Grooms that have allowed me to have a company!! Each one of you have been a blessing.

With that said, with new equipment, trained eyes for moments to capture, and grasp on business...... I am excited and ready for all of the new and up-coming weddings for the fall/winter and this next year. I will be consistently updating all of my jobs, so please keep in touch and continue coming back to see what's happening!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seth i don't ever plan to get married, but sometimes i think i might, just so you can take my wedding photos! :D i loooove your work!

and i'm glad to hear about what God is doing with you and for you!

ps: i ordered myself a new camera; you'll have to help me figure it out when it arrives!

kati